The year 2017 marks the 150th anniversary of Confederation. The Royal Canadian Mint’s 2017 specimen set pays tribute to a Canadian icon with a one-dollar coin featuring the beloved snow goose in a dramatic pose, preparing to land on a quiet northern lake.
- This set includes a $2 coin composed of nickel, steel and brass; a $1 coin composed of brass plated steel, and $0.50, $0.25, $0.10 and $0.05 coins composed of nickel plated steel.
- Displayed in book-style packaging with removable lens and serialized certificate. Maroon outer cover with black box.
- These uncirculated coins have been carefully selected to provide you with the best examples of their kind.
- Obverse: Features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- Reverse: The one-dollar coin features a snow goose in flight.
Add this 2017 Canada Snow Goose coin set to your cart today!
This 2017 specimen set would be a thoughtful gift for the birdwatchers in your life and a wonderful addition to any collection featuring Canadian or nature-inspired themes or specimen sets. Canadian artist Derek C. Wicks designed the special one-of-a-kind dollar in this set for maximum drama. The snow goose is pictured from above, a rare view indeed, is it flaps its wings forward before landing on a lake below. The design showcases the goose’s intricate feather patterns as the beautiful bird seems ready to burst from the coin's surface.