History remembers the Hawker Hurricane as one of the most versatile aircraft of the Second World War and as a great defender of Great Britain during the legendary Battle of Britain (1940).
First in a three-coin series featuring aircraft flown at home or abroad during the Second World War (1939-1945). This fine Silver coin pays tribute to the Hurricane as a military and aviation icon—one that was flown throughout the war by the Canadian pilots in the Royal Air Force and Royal Canadian Air Force.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a mint-issued maroon clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of only 7,500 coins.
- Obverse: The effigy of King George VI by T. H. Paget.
- Reverse: Features an engraved depiction of two Hawker Hurricanes patrolling the skies over Great Britain during the Battle of Britain, circa 1940.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Take flight and add this 2017 1 oz Silver Hawker Hurricane coin to your cart today!