First coin in the new Animals in the Moonlight series featuring 4 wilderness scenes of a cougar, lynx, orcas and an owl under the magical glow of moonlight.
Stunning designs capture all the mystery of a full moon that has fascinated people for millenniums. Exquisitely engraved with every detail beautifully enhanced with color, plus an innovative glow-in-the-dark technology that washes the scene with moonlight- the moon, stars, water and snow shine when viewed in the dark.
- Contains 2 oz. of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint with certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of only 4,000 coins.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Features a scene of a cougar approaching a stream on a snow-covered shoreline. Moonlight defines the cougar's silhouette.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
A unique keepsake for anyone to cherish for a lifetime. Add this 2017 2 oz Silver Animals in the Moonlight Cougar coin to your cart today!
Canadian artist Jan Poynter has combined quintessential elements of the Pacific Coast to create this fictional scene of a cougar approaching a stream on a snow-covered shoreline. Moonlight defines the cougar’s silhouette, and dances on the water and snow. The majestic cat is looking towards the right, as if it has spotted its quarry in the distance. Behind the cougar, subtle shades of blue and Gold paint a silent, snow-covered landscape of islands rising up from the calm waters of an inlet. A mountain range spans the horizon, its peaks visible in the moonlight. The moon also illuminates the clouds, and stars fill the gaps between them.