As low as $1.49 per coin over spot!
This coin features a stunning Athenian Owl. The coin combines the appeal of 1 oz of Silver with an elegant design that captures the true beauty of nature.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Multiples of 20 come in plastic tubes. Five tubes come in individual boxes. Multiples of 500 contain five 100-coin boxes in a master box.
- Unique feature that allows coins to stack and interlock with each other.
- Obverse: Features the majestic owl standing on a tree branch with a hammered background and crescent moon and olive branch of peace. The eyes are in a mirror finish representing the nocturnal binocular vision and wisdom of the owl.
- Reverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the 2017 date.
Protect your Athenian Owl coin by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
With a sleek design and low mintages for bullion, these coins tend to move very quickly. Add this 2017 Athenian Owl to your cart today!
Over 2,000 years ago the Athenian Owl Tetradrachm was the most influential coin in the world, the owl symbolizing strength, wisdom, and insight. In modern times "AOE" has become to stand for - Alethia Orno Eternia translating to -Truth, Honor, and Forever.
In ancient Greek mythology, the goddess Athena kept an owl on her shoulder that revealed truths to her and represented wisdom and knowledge. In some versions of the mythology, the owl was said to illuminate Athena's "blind side," allowing her to see the entire truth. Owls were widely associated with Athena's blessing, and Green soldiers viewed the sight of owls before a battle as a symbol that the goddess was on their side.