This restrike was minted by the Royal Canadian Mint in 2002, from actual Gold ingots assayed by Justh & Hunter in 1857. These historical ingots were recovered from the wreck of the S.S. Central America in 1987 by the Columbus-America Discovery Group.
- Contains .54 oz actual Gold weight and a purity of .931 fine.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees this coin.
- Mintage of only 4,006 coins.
- Obverse: Features a Cowboy or Spanish Vaquero riding horseback.
- Reverse: Features an American Eagle similar in design to official U.S. Gold coins.
Protect and display your 49er Horseman Gold $10 in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
This 49er Horseman coin is a special commemorative designed to look like the original Horseman coin from Baldwin & Co. They have a special link to California Gold Rush history and to the S.S. Central America shipwreck. Add this historic piece to your cart today!