This coin was issued during the joint reign of Constans II and his son Constantine IV (654-668). Constans II, who was also known as Constantine the Bearded, was Byzantine Emperor from 641-668.
Constans II became consul in 642, which made him the last Roman emperor to become consul.
- Gold Solidus from the joint reign of the Emperors Constans II and Constantine IV (A.D. 654-668).
- Certified and authenticated as being in Mint State condition by NGC.
- Strike: 5/5, Surface 4/5.
- Obverse: Shows a fully bearded Constans at left, with Constantine next to him.
- Reverse: Features a cross potent atop three steps, between Heraclius and Tiberius. Two phrases are also shown on the reverse: "CONOB" which is an abbreviation of the Greek for "Byzantine coinage," and "VICTORIA AVGY."
Protect and display your Constans II and Constantine IV coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this Byzantine Gold Solidus of Emperors Constans II and Constantine IV to your cart today!