The 2009 Silver Kookaburra P20 Series celebrates the iconic design depicting the reverse Kookaburra designs issued between 1990 and 2008.
Also present is a special mintmark P20 signifying the twentieth year of the Kookaburra coin that has been available from the Perth Mint.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Packaged individually in a protective plastic capsule.
- Mintage of 300,000 coins.
- Obverse: Bears the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features a Kookaburra perched on a branch with a sunburst design in the background.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect and display your Silver Kookaburra in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add the 2009 1 oz Silver Kookaburra to your cart today!
The Australian Silver Kookaburra series from the Perth Mint began in 1990 and is the longest-running bullion program from the mint. Each year has a different design of a kookaburra on the reverse.
The laughing Kookaburra is the largest member of the kingfisher species, and a bird synonymous with the Australian bush. This bird species is indigenous to Australia and is known for their call, which is said to sound like echoing human laughter.
Not only are designs changed on the bullion coins each year, the Proof designs vary each year as well. Historically, the mintage of each 1 oz bullion Silver Kookaburra coin has been a maximum of 300,000 coins. However, in 2011 the maximum mintage was moved to 500,000 coins to accommodate the very high demand for this series. Compared to other Silver bullion coin series, this mintage is still very small and has helped ensure the collectibility of each coin.