The design surrounds a transparent half-circle locket containing 1 carat of Australian natural rough diamonds.
The most desirable of all gemstones, diamonds are a traditional symbol of love, and the modern birthstone of people born in April.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver
- Comes packaged in the original box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value.
- Reverse: Portrays an abstract interpretation of Australia’s stark and beautiful landscape.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Add this 2009 1 oz Silver Treasures of Australia coin to your cart today!
Between 2007 and 2011, Treasures of Australia has celebrated five glittering prizes found in Australia: Sapphires, Opals, Diamonds, Gold and Pearls. Oysters create natural pearls by depositing layers of nacre over a grain of sand or other intruder that settles inside the shell. Cultured pearls develop around a bead implanted by human hand.
Since ancient times, the pearl has been a symbol of purity and femininity. It is the oldest known gem and was considered the most valuable for centuries. The pearl is the birthstone for those born in June.