The 2017 High Relief American Liberty coin celebrates the 225th anniversary of the U.S. Mint with a 1 oz .9999 fine Gold proof coin struck in beautiful high relief.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a U.S. Mint-issued box with certificate of authenticity and accompanying book.
- $100 face value, the highest denomination ever issued on a U.S. Mint Gold coin.
- Obverse: Liberty as an African-American woman, wearing a coronet of stars, designed by Justin Kunz.
- Reverse: A bald eagle in flight, with denomination and purity below.
- Edge: Features special "225th Anniversary" raised lettering enclosed with stars.
- Minted at the West Point facility in New York.
The original box and certificate of authenticity from the U.S. Mint add collectibility to this beloved design. Enhance your collection by adding this 2017 High Relief Gold coin to your cart today!
Established in 1792, the mint opened its doors in Philadelphia. Eventually, they would open several mint stations across the country to support the coinage and currency of the United States. From the existence at the start of the nation to current times, the mint has played an important role in the shaping of American history.
The 2017 Lady Liberty Gold coin is the first of its kind, born out of 225 years of history. Each coin contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold with a face value of $100.