The 2017 High Relief American Liberty coin celebrates the 225th anniversary of the U.S. Mint with a 1 oz .9999 fine Gold proof coin struck in beautiful high relief. This coin has been graded a perfect PR-70 by PCGS.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- $100 face value, the highest denomination ever issued on a U.S. Mint Gold coin.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect PR-70 condition of the coin.
- First Strike label ensures that the coin was received by PCGS within the first 30 days of release from the mint.
- Obverse: Liberty as an African-American woman, wearing a coronet of stars, designed by Justin Kunz.
- Reverse: A bald eagle in flight, with denomination and purity below.
- Minted at the West Point facility in New York.
PCGS certification adds collectible value by guaranteeing this coin's authenticity and perfect condition. Enhance your collection by adding this 2017 High Relief Gold coin to your cart today!
Established in 1792, the mint first opened its doors in Philadelphia. Eventually, they would open several mint stations across the country to support the coinage and currency of the United States. From the existence at the start of the nation to current times, the mint has played an important role in the shaping of American history. It has endured wars, the turn of the century, several political and societal shifts and dozens of presidents.
The 2017 Lady Liberty Gold coin is the first of its kind, born out of 225 years of history. Each coin contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold with a face value of $100.