Any quantity only $2.89 per coin!
This new 100 Gram Silver coin from Scottsdale Mint features the African Water Buffalo. As mighty and substantial as the water buffalo, this hefty coin is a unique collector piece to add to your collection.
- Contains 3.21 oz (100 grams) of .999 fine Silver.
- Coins come in tubes of seven. Single coins come in a protective plastic bag.
- Limited mintage of 30,000 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts a fine detail side profile of the water buffalo with its crescent-shaped horn and another herd member in the distance featured on the horizon.
- Reverse: Features the Republic of Congo crest along with denomination of 50 Francs CFA.
Protect your capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Truly one of a kind, this beautiful Republic of Congo Silver coin is a true collection piece. Add this 2017 Republic of Congo Silver 100 Gram Water Buffalo limited mintage coin to your collection today!
The water buffalo, or Asian buffalo, as it’s often called, is the largest member of the Bovini tribe and have been domesticated for more than 5,000 years. Standing 5 to 6 feet tall, with its iconic long crescent- shaped horns and sparse gray-black coat, the water buffalo are an integral part in humanity’s survival by their meat, horns, hides, and power.
Water buffalo live in the tropical and subtropical forests of Asia. They are aptly named, for they spend most of their time in water. Their hooves are extra wide and prevent them from sinking into mud at the bottom of ponds, swamps and rivers. They can live in grasslands, savannas, swamps, lowland floodplains, mixed forest and glades, but they never roam farther than 12 miles from a body of water.
Water buffalo are also widely regarded as very dangerous animals, as they have been reported to attack people in some situations. Protective of each other, they take great care of sick and old members of the herd, shielding them from predators.