Attributed by NGC as Double Die Obverse FS-101 with doubling visible in Liberty. NGC has attributed only 9 coins finer.
- This coin has a mintage of 1,709,825.
- Attributed as Double Die Obverse FS-101, Open 3 variety.
- Contains 0.9675 oz of Gold.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees the coin’s MS-62 condition.
- Obverse: Using ancient Greco-Roman inspiration, the obverse features a portrait of Lady Liberty facing the left with "Liberty" inscribed upon her pearl crown. The date is shown below.
- Reverse: Paralleling the Great Seal of the United States, the reverse features a heraldic eagle with "United States of America" across the top and the coin's face value of "Twenty Dollars" across the bottom.
- Coins from the Philadelphia Mint do not feature a mintmark.
Showcase your certified Liberty Double Eagle by adding a presentation box to your order.
Add this 1873 $20 Liberty Gold Double Eagle to your cart today!