As low as $3.99 per coin over spot!
This coin marks the second release in the successful Predator Series from the Royal Canadian Mint (RCM). The Canadian Lynx, a gallant hunter with beautiful, distinctive features, brings vigor and fearlessness to life on this on this spectacular coin. Only coins received in the first 30 days of release from the mint are eligible for the MintDirect® Premier designation.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Packaged in RF-welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the coin's finish, with included authentication card.
- Each authentication card features the MintDirect® designation, ensuring it comes directly from the Royal Canadian Mint.
- Features a bullion finish with brilliant frosted relief on a lined background.
- Obverse: Susanna Blunt’s design of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the $5 face value.
- Reverse: Depicts a realistic design of a lynx leaping toward its prey. The fine details of the thick coat, large paws, and long ear tufts showcase the distinctive features that make this one of Canada's premier predators. Expertly engraved and enhanced with carefully applied polishes, design by artist Emily Damstra.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Protect and display your Silver Lynx in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
The 2016 Cougar was the first installment of the Royal Canadian Mint's four-coin 1 oz Silver Canadian Predator series, which had a maximum mintage of one million coins. The second release has become even more exclusive by cutting that mintage in half; with only 500,000 coins. Add this 2017 1 oz Silver Predator Lynx MintDirect® Premier coin to your cart today!
The Lynx intrigues with its beautiful features, elusive behavior and secretive ways. The name lynx is derived from root words meaning "light" and "brightness", in reference to the luminescence of the its reflective eyes. The lynx is an excellent climber and swimmer and twice as effective as bobcats at supporting its weight on the snow. This wildcat has a calm demeanor but is a skilled hunter that easily adapts to the changing seasons, an admirable trait that makes it one of Canada’s beloved iconic species, as celebrated in this fine silver coin.
Lynx are generally found throughout most of the boreal forests of Alaska and Canada that have cold, snowy winters and a high density of their favorite prey, the snowshoe hare. They are also known to inhabit much of the U.S, into the northern Rocky Mountains/Cascades, southern Rockies, Great Lakes states and the Northeast.
APMEX has created a process to guarantee these coins are direct from the Royal Canadian Mint to you to ensure that our customers receive only authentic Royal Canadian Mint coins. MintDirect® is your symbol of guarantee that these coins were processed from tubes that come straight from mint-sealed "Monster Boxes", exactly as they were delivered, providing peace-of-mind when buying, holding or selling.
APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® coin to ensure that the authenticity and condition of each coin is protected after they are removed directly from the mint tubes. Each coin is placed in a protective authentication card composed of a non-reactive plastic polymer to protect your coin’s finish.
The sealing process seals the coin within the authentication card, creating a tamper-evident package that will guarantee your investment indefinitely. If the tamper-evident package has been opened in any way, you will know it. After the process is completed, the coin in the tamper-evident package is removed from the machine and checked to ensure that the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards. You now have a finished 2017 1 oz Silver Lynx MintDirect® Premier Single.
By using this process, APMEX can guarantee that the coins you receive are authentic and in the exact condition as they were when they left the Royal Canadian Mint. MintDirect® process gives investors confidence in their purchase, knowing that they can buy, hold or sell an authentic coin, guaranteed.