As low as $4.29 per coin over spot!
This coin marks the second release in the successful Predator Series from the Royal Canadian Mint (RCM). The Canadian Lynx, a gallant hunter with beautiful, distinctive features, brings vigor and fearlessness to life on this on this spectacular coin.
The 2016 Cougar was the first installment of the Royal Canadian Mint's four-coin 1 oz Silver Canadian Predator series, which had a maximum mintage of one million coins. The second release has become even more exclusive by cutting that mintage in half; with only 500,000 coins! Only coins received in the first 30 days of release from the mint are eligible for the MintDirect® Premier designation.
- Each coin contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- This MintDirect® tube contains 25 coins for a total of 25 oz of Silver.
- Features a bullion finish with brilliant frosted relief on a lined background.
- Obverse: Susanna Blunt’s design of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the $5 face value.
- Reverse: Depicts a realistic design of a lynx leaping toward its prey. The fine details of the thick coat, large paws, and long ear tufts showcase the distinctive features that make this one of Canada's premier predators. Expertly engraved and enhanced with carefully applied polishes, design by artist Emily Damstra.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Protect your Silver in storage from the adverse effects of moisture in the air by adding these silica gel packets to your order.
Add this 2017 1 oz Lynx MintDirect® Premier Tube to your collection today!
The Lynx intrigues with its beautiful features, elusive behavior and secretive ways. The name lynx is derived from root words meaning "light" and "brightness", in reference to the luminescence of the its reflective eyes. The lynx is an excellent climber and swimmer and twice as effective as bobcats at supporting its weight on the snow. This wildcat has a calm demeanor but is a skilled hunter that easily adapts to the changing seasons, an admirable trait that makes it one of Canada’s beloved iconic species, as celebrated in this fine silver coin.
Lynx are generally found throughout most of the boreal forests of Alaska and Canada that have cold, snowy winters and a high density of their favorite prey, the snowshoe hare. They are also known to inhabit much of the U.S, into the northern Rocky Mountains/Cascades, southern Rockies, Great Lakes states and the Northeast.
APMEX uses a special machine for this sealing process to ensure the products you receive are sealed completely, once they are removed directly from the mint boxes. The mint tubes are placed on the conveyor leading into the machine and the sealing process seals both ends of each tube with tamper-evident packaging. If this tube has been opened in any way, you will know it. After the process is completed, the tube is removed from the machine and then checked to ensure the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards. You now have a finished tube of MintDirect® Premier 2017 1 oz Silver Lynx coins.
Once completed, the MintDirect® tubes are stored back in the vault until they are ordered by our customers. By using this process, APMEX can guarantee the coins you receive are in exactly the same condition and packaging as they were when they left the Royal Canadian Mint.