The Sovereign was minted in limited quantities at the Ottawa Mint for only a few short years, from 1908 to 1919. Each of these coins bears a "C" mintmark. This example has been graded MS-62 by NGC, certifying its uncirculated condition and authenticity.
- Contains .2354 oz actual Gold weight.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the MS-62 condition of this coin.
- Obverse: E.B. Mackennal's portrait of George V facing left.
- Reverse: St. George mounted on horseback slaying a dragon, designed by Benedetto Pistrucci and used on sovereigns from 1871 to present. "C" mintmark on ground below.
- Minted at the British Royal Mint and other Commonwealth Mints.
Protect and display your Canadian Sovereign in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
With only 628,000 sovereigns ever minted in Canada, Ottawa mint sovereigns are not commonly offered. This certified uncirculated example is an excellent addition to any collection of vintage Canadian coinage or Sovereigns. Add this 1919-C sovereign to your cart today!