First coin in a series showcasing at-risk species, the Woodland Caribou, which are an integral part of the Canadian landscape.
- Contains 1.70 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint.
- Limited mintage of only 5,500 coins.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Depicts the mountainous landscape of Western Canada with distant peaks and grassy foothills with a skillfully carved outline of a woodland caribou.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this Woodland Caribou Cut Out coin to your cart today!
A first for the Royal Canadian Mint, state-of-the-art technology and internationally renowned craftsmanship have come together to produce the first coin to feature a uniquely shaped cut out, one that smoothly recreates the animal’s iconic outline!
Like a puzzle with a missing piece, it’s hard to imagine Canada without many of its most iconic species, including the woodland caribou; sadly, this majestic mammal joins other Canadian creatures that are classified as at risk, threatened or even endangered. With its uniquely shaped cut out, this fine Silver coin shines the spotlight on the plight of the caribou, a national symbol whose numbers are in decline in Canada’s wilderness.