The elk is the fourth release in the Royal Canadian Mint's 'Call of the Wild' series. Struck in the finest purity of .99999 fine Gold, this coin is a beautiful addition to the successful series.
The elk, or wapiti, is one of the largest species within the deer family, in the world. The bugle of a male elk is an unforgettable call of the wild that, once heard, leaves little doubt of its strength and authority in the Canadian wilderness. This magnificent species is highly vocal at times, but more so during the fall rutting season, when the bull's loud cry reverberates across the landscape.
- Contains 1 oz of .99999 fine Gold in a Proof finish.
- Packaged in a maroon clamshell with a black box and a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the $200 face value and the year 2017.
- Reverse: Features a portrait of an elk; the lines in the background representing the sound waves and ferocity of this predator. The finishes applied by engravers emphasize the textured thick coat and formidable antlers that are prominently displayed as the mature bull lifts its heavy head to release its high-pitched roar, represented by the sound waves that fill the background.
- This design is a premium version of the Royal Canadian Mint's .99999 pure Gold bullion coin, struck in a proof finish with a mirror-like background.
Join the herd and add this .99999 Gold Elk Proof coin to your cart today!
The "Call of the Wild" series by the RCM has been tremendously popular since it's inception in 2014. Beginning with the Howling Wolf, Growling Cougar, and then the Roaring Grizzly, this series does a phenomenal job of offering the highest quality Gold coins to investors and collectors. With limited mintages and an extremely high face value of $200 (CAD), it's easy to see why so many have added these specimens to their collections.