Tumbled glass and colored shapes create amazing patterns inside a kaleidoscope, and this breakthrough series explores the incredible designs when familiar coin icons are the focus of the reflective magic featuring the loon.
Second issue in this exciting, 3-coin subscription series that celebrates Canadian icons (polar bear, common loon and maple leaf) with unique kaleidoscope designs.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver with an impressive diameter of 60 mm.
- Comes in a mint-issued maroon clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 7,500 coins.
- Obverse: The likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Canadian artist Calder Moore has created a full-sized kaleidoscope design for the coin’s extra-large surface. Countless loons in myriad sizes come together in a complex pattern of amazing beauty, some face-to-face to create the outer ring of the design, while smaller birds stand rear-to-rear and upside-down to form the smaller rings towards the center. The design is meticulously crafted with astounding detail, and beautifully enhanced with translucent color to capture the reflective essence of a kaleidoscope.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this unique 2017 Canada 1 oz Silver Kaleidoscope Loon coin to your cart today!