With its handcrafted beauty, rich symbolism and colorful patterns, the pysanka egg is one of the most beloved forms of traditional Ukrainian folk art, and a unique celebration of spring.
It is more than an Easter egg. Each one is a work of art that is steeped in tradition, with carefully layered colors and centuries-old motifs that are as meaningful as they are mesmerizing. Through its colorful artistry, this egg-shaped coin pays tribute to Ukrainian-Canadian culture through an art form that has become a cherished part of Canada’s vibrant multicultural heritage.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a maroon clamshell box with a custom box.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Vibrant color throughout the elaborate design re-creates the breathtaking hand crafted artistry of a Ukrainian Easter egg.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
The first release of this coin in 2016 had striking popularity and was a quick sell-out. Colorfully captivating, an intricately written pysanka is a breathtaking celebration of life and rebirth. Be sure to snag yours before they are all gone! Add this 2017 Canada 1 oz Silver Ukrainian Pysanka to your cart today!