The 'Horses Pulling Cannon' 1864 $10 CSA note is a 'staple' for collectors of Confederate currency.
- From the last group of notes to be issued by the Confederate States during the Civil War.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- A nice Extra Fine example.
- Face: Popular vignette of a team of horses pulling a cannon at top center with a portrait of Robert M.T. Hunter at bottom left.
- Back: Ornately engraved with the denomination in blue.
These Confederate issues were once scorned by collectors, but are now in demand and rising in value. They have become a favorite with collectors due to the different issues and variety of designs. Add one of these classic collectibles to your cart today!
Catalogued as T-68. These notes can be unevenly cut, which is not uncommon on Confederate Currency.
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the Confederate government to print paper money, just as the U.S. government did for the first time.
This note has seen only light wear, and is a well preserved example of CSA paper money which wore and/or damaged easily due to the quality of paper being used.