First in a four-coin series, this fine Proof coin features one of the many activities enjoyed throughout the year on the gorgeous Canadian landscape. The series begins with a luminous recreation of night conditions at a mountain ski resort.
The coin also provides a warm, life-like glow that is magnificent in daylight and breathtaking in the dark. To activate the technology, place the coin under a light source for 30 to 60 seconds then move into darkness. The entire image will still be visible in the dark, even in its capsule.
- Contains 0.75 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Displays a right-facing profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Life-like elements depict a night skier skiing down a luminous path at a ski resort.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this $15 Great Canadian Outdoors Night Skiing Proof coin to your cart today!
The reverse design by Joel Kimmel combines life-like and stylized elements in this depiction of night skiing, where the view is truly breathtaking! Far from the gray, black and white that many associate with winter colors, the setting is dominated by the cool-toned hues of blue and purple cast by moonlight. The engraving itself gives the design a sense of layered dimension, with the mountain range rising up in the background. In the foreground, the brightly colored skier carves their way down the slope and past the snow-covered evergreens, sending plumes of powder snow in the air behind them. The entire scene is further enhanced by the seamless integration of photo-luminescent (glow-in-the-dark) technology that mimics twilight; it softly illuminates the entire scene while adding a bright glow to the stars and moon overhead, the amber lights that edge the ski trails, even our skier’s run.