This is the second release in a soaring three-coin series featuring aircraft flown during WWII (1939-1945). This Silver coin honors the versatile Anson for its many contributions to the Allied cause during the Second World War.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a mint-issued maroon clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of only 7,500 coins.
- Obverse: The effigy of King George VI by T. H. Paget.
- Reverse: Features an engraved depiction of an Avro Anson in one of its many roles during the war.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Take flight and add this 2017 1 oz Silver Avro Anson coin to your cart today!
The legendary aircraft is brought to life once more by an outstanding amount of detailed engraving, all skillfully enhanced by the use of multiple finishes that convey the intensity of the situation as it flies over a convoy of ships at sea. Selective color recreates the dark green and brown camouflage colors of the Anson, whose gun remains trained on the Messerschmitt BF 110 in the background.