This coin is the second release in an exciting series of space themed coins that celebrates the human endeavor to visit Mars. With a mintage of only 1,000 and each coin containing an actual piece of meteorite, this special release is out of this world.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a capsule from the mint.
- Maximum mintage of 1,000 coins.
- Obverse: The weight, purity, country of issue and the Queen's effigy.
- Reverse: This design depicts Mars and a satellite monitoring the red planet as well as a piece of meteor encapsulated inside the coin.
Add this 2017 1 oz Silver Mission to Mars coin to your cart today!
This special piece has been created using state of the art coloring techniques to show the deep color of Mars against the dark contrast of space. The stars are intentionally left untreated or colored so that the Silver of the coin may shine through, giving genuine reflective star qualities to the coin.
Meteors are space rocks that are nudged by gravitational tides to fall free from their orbits and plummet towards stars or planets such as Mars. Each coin contains unique pieces of meteorite that hit the Earth thousands of years ago and were formed around 4 billion years ago, so every collector can hold a little piece of outer space in their hands.