This exclusive set contains two perfect Proof 70 High Relief coins from The Perth Mint’s Lunar series. These sets are always quick to sell out with yearly mintages of just 388 Gold coins and 7,500 Silver coins.
The PCGS populations of these special labels are 173 Gold coins and 573 Silver coins for 2017.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold and 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees and protects the perfect PR-70 condition.
- Each set comes to you in a beautiful wooden display case that perfectly houses your coins. Also included is the Certificate of Authenticity for both coins.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the Gold purity and face value.
- Reverse: Depicts a rooster standing in a stylized Chinese scene featuring bamboo and leaves in the field of the coin. This beautiful lunar design also incorporates the Chinese character for "Rooster", the inscription "Year of the Rooster", and The Perth Mint's traditional "P" mintmark.
Add this spectacular 2017 2 coin Gold and Silver High Relief Rooster Set graded a Proof-70 by PCGS to your cart today!
Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series II collection epitomizes the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese Lunar calendar. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2017 reverse celebrates the Year of the Rooster. The birth dates for people born in the Lunar Year of the Rooster include 1921, 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005 and 2017. Those born in these years are said to be hardworking, loyal, honest and sociable.