Ozark National Scenic Riverways, Missouri is the third release in 2017 of the U.S. Mint's popular America the Beautiful series. This coin is graded MS-69 DMPL First Strike by PCGS with the American Flag label.
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- PCGS certification guarantees the MS-69 DMPL condition of the coin.
- The First Strike designation ensures that the coin was received by PCGS within the first 30 days of release from the mint.
- Obverse: Portrait of George Washington originally designed by John Flanagan, with the inscriptions of "United States of America", "Liberty", "In God We Trust" and "Quarter Dollar".
- Reverse: Depicts Alley Mill, a steel roller mill built in 1894. This merchant mill was used to convert wheat into flour. Much of the original milling equipment is still in place, and visitors to the park can tour the mill.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Protect your graded Silver America The Beautiful coin in style by adding a beautiful display box to your cart.
These coins are sought after by investors for their .999 fine Silver content, and demanded by collectors for their artistic value. Add this attractive coin to your collection today!
Ozark National Riverways
Established in 1964 the Ozark National Scenic Riverways was an effort to conserve the natural resources of the Current and Jack Fork rivers, over 130 miles of spring fed riverways. This is the first federally protected river system and its establishment led to the National Wild and Scent Rivers Act of 1968.
The park consists of over 80,000 acres and it attracts over 1,000,000 visitors a year. Not only is it is a popular site for canoeing, hiking, fishing, spelunking and camping, it includes noteworthy cultural sites such as Alley Mill and ceremonial sites used by the Osage Indians. Featured on the coin obverse, Alley Mill was a brightly colored red mill that acted as a home, farm, and school for the people who lived in the area a century ago. The Mill, built in 1894, was an essential part of the community life where grain was ground to make daily bread. Both the unspoiled river beauty and historical significance of the area is depicted in this unique coin in the series, the first national site dedicated to protecting a river system.