This coin launches a program dedicated to Polar Babies, and will be followed with coins dedicated to the Emperor Penguin, Arctic Fox, Harp Seal and Sea Otter.
The polar bear is easily recognized by its distinctive shape, from its round posterior to its pointed black nose. Although the bear’s fur looks white, each hair shaft is actually pigment-free and transparent with a hollow core that scatters and reflects visible light, much like what happens with ice and snow.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Displayed in a classic presentation case, the coin is delivered in a delightful colored shipper with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 5,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination, country and year.
- Reverse: The coin’s reverse features a polar bear cub in the snow. The inscription "POLAR BEAR", and The Perth Mint’s "P" mintmark, also appear in the design.
- Guaranteed by the Tuvalu government.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any numismatic collection. Add this 1/2 oz Polar Bear coin to your cart today!