This special coin celebrates the life of Father Edward Flanagan and his work establishing Boy's Town, established in 1917.
- Contains .2419 oz actual Gold weight.
- Coin comes in a U.S. Mint presentation box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features a portrait of Father Flanagan. Inscriptions include “Boys Town Centennial", "In God We Trust", "Fr. Edward Flanagan" and the year 2017.
- Reverse: Features an outstretched hand holding a young oak tree growing from an acorn. As stated in the idiom “Mighty oaks from little acorns grow,” this design represents the potential of each child helped by Boys Town to grow into a productive, complete adult.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Minted at the West Point Mint this coin includes a W mint mark. This 2017-W Gold $5 Commemorative Boys Town BU coin will make an excellent addition to any collection. Add this historical commemorative to your cart today!
Boys Town was founded on December 12, 1917 by Father Edward Flanagan who rented an old Victorian–style mansion to give displaced children a home. Celebrating 100 years, the organization helps more than 2 million children and families benefit from Boys Town Programs.