This 2017 U.S. Mint commemorative coin honors a century of service provided by the organization Boys Town, established in 1917.
- Struck in layers of Copper/Nickel bonded to an inner core of pure Copper.
- Packaged in a U.S. Mint presentation box and includes the certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features an older brother holding the hand of his younger brother in 1917. They walk toward Father Flanagan’s Boys Home and the 1940s Pylon representing what would become Boys Town.
- Reverse: Features a present–day Boys Town neighborhood of homes where children are schooled and nurtured by caring families. Out of these homes come young adults who graduate from high school and the Boys Town program.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Minted at the San Francisco Mint this coin includes an "S" mint mark. This 2017-S Boys Town Proof Clad Half Dollar coin will make an excellent addition to any collection. Add this historical commemorative to your cart today!
Boys Town was founded on December 12, 1917 by Father Edward Flanagan who rented an old Victorian–style mansion to give displaced children a home. Celebrating 100 years, the organization helps more than 2 million children and families benefit from Boys Town Programs.