Many little creatures can be found in our own backyards and gardens, or on this superb fine Silver coin, which pairs a Murano glass element with paint and engraving for a stunning glimpse at the secret world of a dogbane beetle.
This highly collectible coin is the 2nd issue in the three-coin Little Creatures Series and now the 9th coin to feature a sculpture made from Venetian glass; a centuries-old craft that is world-renowned for its vibrant, fluid colors. Each coin is one-of-a-kind and each Venetian glass beetle has been individually blown by master glass maker Giuliano Donaggio in Murano, Italy, with slight, handcrafted variations that make each one unique.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Encapsulated and presented in a mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
- Limited mintage of 8,500 coins.
- Obverse: Likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Captures the delicate beauty of a dogbane beetle in the Canadian landscape. The use of paint over engraving adds a life-like quality to the branch and pink, bell-shaped flowers of the dogbane plant; a mountain maple.
Add this highly collectible Venetian glass dogbane beetle coin to your cart today!
Nature is a source of endless fascination, and this beautiful colored coin celebrates one of its tiniest creations with a Murano glass beetle poised on a colored design of a dogbane plant. Murano glass is famous for its bright, fluid colors, and this coin’s dogbane beetle (Chrysochus auratus) sparkles and shines with all the eye-catching iridescence that has made insects a popular form of ornamentation since ancient times.