This impressive set features wildlife found in each of the prehistoric time periods and includes scientific information about each of the coins.
- Contains a total of 2.8935 oz of Silver.
- Contains 5 coins: Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous, Tertiary and Quaternary.
- Each coin is in a capsule and displayed in a collector case with individual certificates of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features life common during the period with the name of the period, year, denomination and "Republik of Österreich".
- Reverse: Depicts a scene with wildlife during the prehistoric time period.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian Mint.
This set makes the prefect gift for the paleontologist, big or small, in your life. Add this Silver Prehistoric Life Coin Set to your cart today!
The Vienna Mint was originally situated near Hoher Merkt and later at various locations in Vienna. Since the first half of the 19th century, the mint has been housed in Heumarkt in central Vienna, where coins are still struck to this day. Minting facilities opened throughout Austria until 1918 when the Republic of Austria was formed and the Vienna Principal Mint became the singular minting facility. In 1989, the name officially changed to the Austrian Mint and became a subsidiary of the Austrian National Bank.
One of the Austrian Mint’s most recognized coins is the Maria Teresa Thaler, which is not simply a famous Silver coin, but one that boasts the greatest number minted. Another prime example of the mint’s international success is the Gold Philharmonic, one of the most popular Gold bullion coins worldwide. The Gold Philharmonic has played a vital role in developing the Austrian Mint into a highly successful company. The Austrian Mint’s beautifully crafted coins are minted in the heart of Vienna and are sought after by investors and collectors around the world.