This Eisenhower Silver Dollar has been graded and guaranteed by PCGS as being MS-66. Ikes 40% San Francisco 71-74, 77-78 The Eisenhower Dollar, aka the Ike Dollar, was the first dollar minted after the Peace Dollar that was intended for circulation. The Ike Dollar commemorates the great accomplishments of General/President Dwight D. Eisenhower and the success of the Apollo XI moon landing mission. Coin Highlights:
- Contains .3161 oz. of Silver.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in protective plastic tubes. All other coins will be in protective plastic.
- Obverse: Features a striking profile of General/President Dwight David Eisenhower facing left with the legend of “LIBERTY” above his head. Underneath his chin is the motto “IN GOD WE TRUST” with the date at the base of his profile. Mintmarks appear below Eisenhower’s neck above the third and fourth number in the date of the coin.
- Reverse: Reflects the design of the Apollo XI’s insignia. Depicted is an eagle flying over the surface of the moon with an olive branch firmly grasped in his claws with a small planet earth turned so that North America can be seen. Thirteen stars surround the eagle’s flight. The legend at the top displays “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” with the motto “E PLURIBUS UNUM” directly underneath, and the denomination of “ONE DOLLAR” at the bottom of the coin.
- This issue features the mint mark “S” for the San Francisco Mint just above the date.
Protect and display your Ike Dollars in style by adding an attractive Hardwood Slab Gift Box to your order.
Preserve a part of American History by starting your own collection of Ike Dollars. Add to your collection by including thi s1974-S Eisenhower Silver Dollar MS-66 PCGS in your cart today.
Silver -- why buy Silver from APMEX?Silver is one of the world's favorite bullion investments and is a popular way to diversify one's wealth. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or click on the “Live Chat” button. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Mint Mark:||S - San Francisco|
|Metal Content:||0.3161 troy oz|