According to ancient Norse mythology, Freya was the goddess of love, beauty, fertility, battle and death. She was also considered a symbol of sensuality and of the wild and untamed forces of nature.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a prestigious display case.
- Struck in high relief and have an antique finish, which adds to the aesthetic appeal when held and helps accentuate the design.
- Obverse: Displays a right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Depicts Freya with her sword in her left hand and wearing her magical feathered cloak. Also featured in the design is a cat perched on her right shoulder, her golden bristled boar "Hildisvini", a shield, and a battlefield in the background. The inscription "FREYA" and The Perth Mint’s traditional "P" mintmark also feature in the design.
With a mintage of only 2,000 coins, these are sure to be quick sell-outs from the Perth mint. Add this high relief coin to your cart today.
To capture the depth and detail of the design, the coin is struck in high relief to a rimless format, and has been individually antiqued to give it a unique finish conveying the surface abrasions of an ancient artifact. As a result of this treatment, the appearance of each coin may vary.