Perfectly timed with the release of the blockbuster film from the Marvel Franchise is this spectacular Star-Lord coin. In Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 the team's adventure continues as they traverse the outer reaches of the cosmos.
- Coin contains 1/2 oz of .999 fine Silver in ultra-high relief made using Smartminting© technology.
- Limited mintage of only 3,000.
- Coin comes in a collectible tin with the outer design that features actual theatrical images from the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 movie.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the legal tender value of the Cook Islands, “Two Dollars”.
- Reverse: Features a colorized depiction of the superhero, Star-Lord and his handgun quad blasters.
Add this 2017 Guardians of the Galaxy UHR Star-Lord coin to your order today!
Learn more at our Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 series page.
This stunning colorized proof, struck from 1/2 oz of .999 fine silver by the Mayer Mint for issue by Cook Islands, is dedicated to Star-Lord or Peter Quill as he is also known. Star-Lord appears as the main protagonist of the live-action film and the leader of the Guardians squad, portrayed by Chris Pratt. In the film, Peter Quill is abducted from Earth as a child in the 1980s, and is raised by Yondu as part of his band of space pirates. While being half alien, half human he is armed with a helmet that protects him from the vacuum of space as well as quad blasters and hadron enforcers.