The third largest plane in the world, the Airbus A380 is a modern jetliner capable of transporting an impressive 800 passengers!
- Contains .6423 oz of fine Silver.
- Comes in a box and with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of just 3,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features the four-engine jetliner flying above the clouds. A globe with longitudinal and latitudinal lines appears in the background as a reference to the distance traveled during the first commercial flight. The number of passengers who made the first journey and the year 2007 are inscribed in the lower portion with the year.
- Reverse: Depicts a design common to the series and illustrates the profiles of two pilots. The pilots symbolize different eras and types of use (civil and military). The aircraft in the air also represent different uses and eras in a tribute to the history of aviation.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Silver coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2017 Proof Silver €10 Aviation & History Airbus A380 coin to your cart today!
At the end of 1980 Airbus began competing with Boeing on high-capacity aircrafts as the market had been dominated by Boeing's B747. Airbus started working in the summer of 1988 on a plane capable of carrying over 800 passengers. This project with super high capacity started at the end of 1995 and was named A3XX. After having receiving several positive answers from future clients, Airbus formalized the project in June 2000. With a 15,400 km scope, the plane can connect New York to Hong Kong without stopping and fly at a cruising speed from 900 km per hour to 1,072 km per hour.
The Airbus A380 also has good environmental performance and outperforms its competitors. It is the only commercial plane in the world to have a double deck along the entire length of the fuselage, allowing for 50% more cabin surface. This plane is one of the top 3 biggest planes in the world, after the Hughes H-4 Hercules and the Antonov An-225.
The First Flight:
In 2007, it took its first flight between Singapore and Sydney with Singapore Airline. It carried 544 passengers who had purchased their seats at auction.