This issue from Hong Kong commemorates the Chinese Lunar Year of the Dog. This coin has a face value of 1,000 Hong Kong Dollars and contains .4708 of an ounce of pure Gold!
- Contains .4708 oz actual Gold weight.
- Most coins will be in protective plastic flips. Some may be in capsules.
- Obverse: Depicts a bust of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features a rendition of a Dog, resembling a Chow Chow, with the legend and value.
- Minted at the British Royal Mint.
These coins are struck to the same standards as the British Two Pound (Double Sovereign) coins. This limited issue is listed in Krause as KM#50.