First coin of the Norse Mythology series, Legends of Asgard. In Norse mythology, Odin is associated with healing, death, royalty, the gallows, knowledge, battle, sorcery, poetry, frenzy, and the runic alphabet and is the husband of the goddess Frigg.
- Contains 3 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Coin is presented in a wooden box with a certificate of authenticity and a themed color cover.
- Mintage of only 1,500 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts Odin seated and holding his famous spear called Gungnir, told in legend as fashioned by dwarves and so well balanced that it wouldn’t miss a target no matter the skill of the thrower. Either side of him are his ravens Huginn and Muninn who bring Odin news of what is happening in Midgard, and at his feet are his two wolves, Geri and Freki.
- Edge: Smooth with a unique serial number.
- Reverse: Features Queen Elizabeth II with an ornate chain around the inner rim. The design comes in stunning high relief with a beautiful finish.
This 3 oz Antique coin will be the perfect addition to any collection. Add this Ultra High Relief coin to your cart today!
Valkyrie is a supernatural figure associated with fate. In Nordic mythology she is a female figure who chooses those who may die in battle and those who may live.
The total number of coins in the Legends of Asgard series will be 12, with 3 releases per year for 4 years.
Odin is one of the most complex and enigmatic characters in Norse mythology, and perhaps in all of world literature. He’s the chief of the Aesir tribe of deities. He’s a relentless seeker after and giver of wisdom, but he has little regard for communal values such as justice, fairness, or respect for law and convention. He’s the divine patron of rulers, and also of outcasts. He’s a war-god, but also a poetry-god. He’s worshiped by those in search of prestige, honor, and nobility, yet he’s often cursed for being a fickle trickster.