This stunning, full color hologram coin captures the fearsome power of the great white shark in precious Gold and has an extremely low mintage!
"You're going to need a bigger boat!" With these immortal words in the film Jaws, director Steven Spielberg announced the lethal presence of an oversize great white shark, the apex predator of the world's oceans. Suddenly, the entire movie going world was talking about the terrifying prospect of being eaten alive, while some popular tourist beaches saw much lighter than usual traffic. Jaws is regarded as a watershed film in motion picture history, the very first summer "blockbuster" movie and one of the first "high concept" films.
- Contains 0.5833 oz fine Gold (14-Karat).
- Comes packaged in a mint issued box and includes a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of just 1,000 coins.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Features the a color hologram picture of a great white shark, as projected on the huge IMAX movie screen.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Add this ultra rare Gold $300 IMAX Great White Shark Hologram coin to your cart today!
The great white shark (Carcharodon carcharias) is an exceptionally large lamniform shark found in coastal surface waters in all major oceans. Reaching lengths of more than 20 feet (6 m) and weighing up to 5,000 pounds (2,250 kg), the great white shark is the world's largest known predatory fish. It is the only surviving species of its genus, Carcharodon.
Contrary to popular opinion, the great white shark is not a man-eater and does not target humans as prey, instead it favors mammals with a high fat content, such as seals and sea lions. Nonetheless, its attacks on humans are almost always widely reported.