The Perth Mint has partnered with APMEX to produce just 1,000 of these spectacular two-coin sets featuring the iconic Kookaburra. This beautiful APMEXclusive® set contains two 2017 Silver Kookaburra coins in Proof and BU finishes.
These coins come as Perfect PF-70 and MS-70 from PCGS! Population of only 75 perfect 70 sets. The Proof Kookaburra is the prize of this perfect 70 set as the Perth Mint hasn't ever struck a standard Proof Kookaburra, making this the first time that they have produced a 1 oz Silver Proof Kookaburra. This set is a must-have for Perth collectors. The Proof Kookaburra can only be found in these exclusive sets.
The BU coin comes in its standard Proof Like finish that is familiar to investors and collectors. The BU Kookaburra has always featured this Proof Like finish since its inception in 1990.
- Extremely limited population of only 75 perfect 70 sets exclusive to APMEX, this is the first set of its kind of the widely collected Kookaburra coin series.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- This set comes to you in a beautiful box that perfectly houses both coins. The box comes with an outer sleeve as well.
- Obverse: Bears the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Depicts two Kookaburras perched on a wooden fence. Exquisite quality is shown in this design, as the individual detail in the feathers as well as the old wooden fence bring this image to life.
- Sovereign Silver coins backed by the Australian government.
Protect and display your Silver Kookaburra Set in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
The 2017 2-Coin Silver Kookaburra Proof/BU Set not only features a gorgeous design, they are also produced in limited mintages creating a great collectible opportunity. Add this beautiful set to your cart today!
This APMEXclusive® two-coin Australian Silver set has an extremely limited mintage of only 1,000 sets. This is the first year APMEX has partnered with the Perth Mint to release these special sets. Not only does this Silver Kookaburra set have a limited mintage, but it also features the special Proof Silver Kookaburra, which is only found in this 2-coin set. Each Proof Silver Kookaburra and BU/Reverse Proof Silver Kookaburra in this set contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
The Australian Silver Kookaburra series from the Perth Mint began in 1990 and is the longest-running bullion program from the mint. Each year has a different design of a kookaburra on the reverse.
The laughing Kookaburra is the largest member of the kingfisher species, and a bird synonymous with the Australian bush. This bird species is indigenous to Australia and is known for their call, which is said to sound like echoing human laughter.