Tenth release in an exciting 13-coin series. As Canada celebrates its 150th anniversary, embark on a cross-country collecting experience with a stunning series that showcases Canada’s iconic flora, fauna, landscapes and landmarks.
This tenth coin highlights the fragile beauty of the prairie landscape in Saskatchewan, which is home to unique plant and animal species, including the endangered swift fox.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes packaged in a maroon clamshell with a black beauty box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 25,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features the vibrant color over the detailed engraved image of a swift pup as he faces the viewer and attempts to climb onto his mother’s back.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this spectacular 1/2 oz Silver Wild Swift Fox and Pups coin to your cart today!
Based on a photograph captured by Canadian photographer John E. Marriott, the reverse features vibrant color over the detailed engraved image of swift fox in the open prairie landscape. There, amid the mixed-grass vegetation that dots the landscape near Saskatchewan’s Grasslands National Park of Canada, a pup faces the viewer as it attempts to climb onto its mother’s back. The young fox’s paws are crossed over, adding to its air of innocence; meanwhile, the mother stares out from the coin’s surface towards the viewer, this allows for a close view of the facial features and the patterned coloring of the fox’s fur, along with a glimpse of this prairie resident’s famously bushy tail.