It’s been 30 years since its debut, but the popularity of Star Trek™: The Next Generation still holds strong among its large Canadian fan-base. Outfitted with an unforgettable cast of characters, including one of the most feared antagonists: the Borg.
The Royal Canadian Mint celebrates the 30th anniversary of a pop culture phenomenon that led to the resurgence of the sci-fi genre on television, and paved the way for more Star Trek series to follow.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a detailed Borg cube box with certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 10,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- Reverse: Features the exterior of a Borg cube vessel.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Add this Silver $20 Star Trek Borg coin to your cart today!
The reverse design combines color and engraving for a truly unique tribute to the 30th anniversary of Star Trek™: The Next Generation. The field includes an outstanding amount of detailed engraving that provides a rare close-up for Star Trek™ fans: it’s the exterior of a Borg cube vessel, whose ominous appearance strikes fear in the hearts of characters and viewers alike. Against this engraved background, a colorful depiction of a tension-filled scene finds a Borg cube locking onto the U.S.S. Enterprise with its green tractor beam, as part of their relentless pursuit to assimilate technology, worlds and even beings.