This is the fourth coin in an unforgettable series that celebrates Canada’s 150th anniversary and the 50th anniversary of the 1967 Canadian Centennial circulation coins.
Previous coins in this series sold out very quickly, and given the popularity of the original designs, and a low mintage of just 2,150 coins per denomination, this series will be highly sought after.
- Contains 5 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a maroon clamshell with a custom outer box and a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of just 2,150 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the second effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, as it appeared on the original coins.
- Reverse: Features a side profile of a rabbit. Detailed engraving captures it in mid-hop, enhanced by the application of selective Gold plating over the rabbit and all along the coin’s rim.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
A great opportunity to revisit a proud moment in our history while celebrating another key milestone! Add this 2017 Canada 5 oz Proof Silver Big Coin to your collection today!
Fifty years ago, as a young nation celebrated its centennial anniversary, the Royal Canadian Mint issued a special series of circulation coins that are now regarded as some of the most iconic Canadian coins of all time. The fourth coin in this continuing Big Coin series faithfully re-creates Alex Colville’s concept for the ten-cent coin from the 1967 Canadian Centennial circulation coins, albeit on a much larger scale.
The reverse re-creates the beloved 1967 five-cent circulation coin design by Canadian artist Alex Colville, and features the side profile of a rabbit. Captured in outstanding detail, the engraved rabbit is seen mid-hop, its forelegs elevated as its strong hind legs propel it forward. The image is enhanced by the application of selective gold plating over the rabbit and all along the coin’s rim. The reverse also features the engraved face value “5 CENTS”, the word “CANADA” and the commemorative dates “1967-2017”.