Sold out at the mint! A Royal Canadian Mint first: largest-ever convex coin with a low mintage of only 2,000 coins.
The 60-millimeter fine Silver creation features on its reverse a stunning display of swirling maple leaves that, combined with the coin’s unique shape and reflective proof finish, take on a three-dimensional appearance as they seem to fly high into the air. The dome-like obverse highlights one of the reverse maple leaves in a repeating pattern designed to dazzle with a second three-dimensional illusion.
- Contains 5 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Packaged in a beautiful red-lacquered collector’s case and encapsulated in a black beauty box.
- Limited mintage of just 2,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the second effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, as it appeared on the original coins.
- Reverse: Features a 3-D effect image of maple leaves flying in the air.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
A great opportunity invest in a RCM first. Add this 2017 Canada 5 oz Proof Silver Convex Maple Leaf coin to your collection today!
The convex reverse of this amazing coin of 99.99% pure Silver features a swirling cluster of maple leaves, designed by Canadian artist Lisa Thomson-Khan. Together, the unique shape, dynamic design, and mirror-like sheen of the proof finish lend this stunning image a three-dimensional quality that makes it feel as though you’re holding a whirlwind in the palm of your hand. The coin’s reverse and obverse share a unique relationship not only in their convex/concave shape, but also through the reproduction of one of the leaves in a repeating pattern on the obverse. Combined with the obverse’s dome-like concave shape, this mesmerizing pattern makes for a dazzling effect. This is the Royal Canadian Mint’s first 60-millimeter format convex coin.