This beautifully toned coin is a fantastic example of the "Pillar Dollar," one of the first coins used in the area that is now the United States. With its high grade and original appearance, this coin will make a great addition to any collection.
- Contains .7797 oz of Silver.
- Graded MS-62 by NGC, with only 3 coins finer.
- NGC encapsulation protects the coin and guarantees its authenticity.
- Obverse: Bust of Charles III of Spain, with date below.
- Reverse: Pillars flanking a crowned shield. Legend contains the mintmark, denomination, and assayer mark.
- Minted in Mexico City.
Protect and display your 8 Reales in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this historic 8 Reales to your cart today!
This high grade 8 Reales is an exceptional example of this historic type. One of the first Silver coins used in commerce in the New World, few coins have the legacy of the iconic pillar dollar. Due to their widespread usage, most saw heavy circulation and ended up well-worn or otherwise damaged. Survivors like this one are hard to come by.