This Britannia has a large Strike Through on the reverse at 10 o'clock. Certified by NGC as a Mint Error.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- NGC encapsulation authenticates and protects the MS-68 condition of the coin.
- Celebrates 20 years of the Silver Britannia's tradition and legacy.
- Features a radial sunburst design that adds anti-counterfeiting protection to your investment.
- Obverse: Effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 2 pounds.
- Reverse: Features the internationally recognized figure of Britannia standing firm against a powerful gale. Her image has symbolized Britain’s strength and integrity on coinage since Roman times.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Protect and display your Silver Britannia in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
This 2017 Silver Britannia coin would be a great addition to any bullion collection. Add this 2017 Great Britain 1 oz Silver Britannia graded MS-68 Mint Error by NGC to your cart today!
Steadfast and confident, Britannia is a symbol of resilience and strength. In 2017, The Royal Mint commemorates the 30th year since Britannia’s bullion design was launched to market. Sculptor Philip Nathan, the designer of the first Britannia bullion in 1987, envisaged her as a classic and evolving icon. In these additions to the bullion collection, she stands firm as a powerful gale whips around her shield, Corinthian helmet and olive branch. This design features a radial sunburst at her back.
In 2017 the Silver Britannia coin celebrates its 20th anniversary. To celebrate this significant milestone, the 2017 Britannia design has been refreshed with a high security radial sunburst background, modernizing this iconic coin. Debuting in 1997, the first Silver Britannia featured the same design as its Gold counterpart. Issuing years from 1997 to 2012 were minted in .958 pure Silver, while those minted in 2013 and thereafter feature .999 fine Silver.