The Gold American Eagle is based on Augustus Saint-Gaudens' 1907 $20 Gold Double Eagle, showing a proud Lady Liberty. With an iconic design and 1 oz of Gold, the 1988 Gold Eagle combines collectibility with bullion investment appeal.
- Contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- Contains a significant obverse mint error.
- Certified a Mint State-67 by NGC guaranteeing the condition and authenticity of the coin.
- Mint Error with a large strike through at 8 o'clock.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty in front of the Capitol holding in her right hand a fiery torch and an olive branch in her left. Her hair is flowing behind her in the wind signifying forward movement against a background of sun rays.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek showing a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Beautifully display your Gold Eagle by purchasing a presentation or gift box ideal for this product.
The Gold American Eagle design and metal content gain even more collectible value when certified by NGC as being in MS-67 condition. Add this beautiful NGC certified 1 oz Gold Eagle to your cart today!