As low as $5.99 per coin over spot!
Worldwide Limited mintage of 25,000 coins!
Privy coins offer an opportunity to collect familiar bullion coins with a distinguishing Privy mark! This Rooster Privy Koala coin is the first of its kind and will be followed in years to come by other Lunar Privy Koala coins. This program is expected to mirror the popularity of the Kookaburra Lunar Privy program, which began in 2012 with the Lunar Dragon Privy coin, and has since grown into a highly collectible coin series from the Perth Mint. This Rooster Privy is limited to a mintage of 25,000 coins. While other Privy coins exist of the Kookaburra and Koala, the Lunar Privy mark is the staple program that investors and collectors can count on each year.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes in a protective plastic capsule. Multiples of 20 come in sealed rolls, and multiples of 100 come in cardboard boxes with sealed rolls inside.
- Limited mintage of 25,000 coins.
- Reverse: Portrays a koala sitting at the base of a eucalyptus tree with another tree in the background. A distinctive Lunar Rooster Privy mark is also visible in the field. Also included is the year, weight, and the traditional Perth Mint "P" mintmark.
- Obverse: Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect and display your Silver Koala in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Koalas are loved around the world, and now you can bring home your very own Silver Koala. Add this 2017 1 oz Silver Koala with a Lunar Rooster Privy to your cart today!
Beginning in 2007, the Perth Mint introduced the Silver Koala series in both Gold and Silver. Each year features a different design of this animal that is so strongly associated with Australia.
Silver Koala Privy coins were first introduced in 2017, and the Koala series as a whole has been widely popular since its inception. The Koala, along with the Kookaburra, Lunar Series, and Kangaroo form what has continued to be a robust line of high quality bullion products from the Perth Mint of Australia.
When early European settlers first encountered koalas in Australia, they thought the tree-climbing animals were monkeys or bears. Even though they're still referred to by some as "koala bears", they're actually marsupials like kangaroos and wombats.
Koalas have special physical characteristics that complement their tree-dwelling lifestyle. They're able to grip branches and pick eucalyptus leaves with their two opposable digits, and their tough skin and sharp claws provide traction in climbing. They even have extra thick fur on their seat so they can sit comfortably on branches for hours! Unique to Australia, these animals are a perfect theme for an iconic coin series.