An exquisite coin with blast white surfaces over exuberant luster for this first year of issue coin. The surfaces have mild Prooflike qualities and are very pleasing to the eye.
- 1892 is the first year of production of Barber Quarters.
- The coins did not stack well that year, so the design was slightly modified during the year.
- There are Type-I* and Type-II* coins for 1892.
- Obverse: Features Lady Liberty wearing a Phrygian cap and laurel wreath.
- Reverse: Displays an eagle with outstretched wings and a shield at its chest, holding a banner in its beak and an olive branch and cluster of arrows in its talons:
- * Type-I: The eagle's left wing crosses the letter "E" in "UNITED" below the middle serif, leaving most of the letter exposed.
* Type-II: The eagle's left wing covers most of the letter "E" in "UNITED" so that the middle serif is hidden.
Protect and display your graded coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Most collectors are unaware of the two varieties of coins. Add this 1892 Barber Quarter to your cart today!