From the original series in 1864 this $5.00 National Note issued by The Washington National Bank of Boston, Massachusetts is in Very Fine-25 condition and is above average for the condition. Designated by PMG as Exceptional Paper Quality!
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve and graded Very Fine-25 EPQ by PMG.
- Assigned the EPQ designation for Exceptional Paper Quality.
- Circulated $5 note from the original series 1864. This bank was charted in December of that year.
- Face: A portrait of a representation of Columbus and his men landing in the New World in 1492.
- Back: An engraving of the Landing of the Columbus. The Massachusetts State Seal is on the left, while an eagle about to take flight is on the right.
Handle your currency with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Perhaps one of the nicest notes we have seen in this condition. There are no problems with this note and the colors and engravings are bold. Very little folding with no other distractions of any kind. All detail is visible and clear.
National Banknotes are a very popular area of U.S. paper money collecting. Add this nice collector’s item to your cart today!
For up to 90% of the profit, the comptroller would authorize the production of notes bearing the individual bank’s name. A lower Charter #601 indicates that this bank was organized in December of 1864. Since over 12,000 banks were chartered and issued notes, these issues have become highly sought after by collectors.
Colby/Spinner signatures—Friedberg# 397a.