With a mintage of only 180,400, the key date 1921 50 Peso is difficult in any condition. In gem condition, these are almost unheard of. PCGS has only graded 12 in this grade, with only a single piece known finer.
The 1921 is the centerpiece of any 50 Pesos set, and few can claim such a fantastic example. This is the most significant example of this beautiful Gold type that we have offered, and it would make an important addition to any world-class collection.
- Contains 1.2057 oz of Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees and protects this coin's condition.
- Population of only 12 at PCGS, with only 1 known finer.
- Obverse: Mexico's national coat of arms featuring a golden eagle perched on a cactus with a snake in its beak.
- Reverse: Features the iconic Winged Victory "The Angel of Independence" design, flanked by the year of Mexican Independence (1821) and the date of issue (1921).
- 1921 was the first year of issue of the 50 Peso and the centennial of Mexico's independence from Spain in 1821.
Protect and display your Gold 50 Pesos in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
The opportunity to acquire a 1921 50 Pesos of this magnitude does not come along often. Add this spectacular coin to your collection today!