Due to strict quality control processes at the US Mint, modern mint errors are exceptionally uncommon. This Gold Buffalo shows a dramatic strike-through error, caused by foreign debris between the planchet and the dies during the minting process.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Certified as a mint error and graded MS-69 by NGC.
- Huge error on the reverse, showing an obvious strike-through just in front of the buffalo's hip extending to the rim of the coin.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of a Native American in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: An American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your Mint Error Gold Buffalo in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Rarely seen in the marketplace, don't miss your opportunity to acquire this unique error piece! Add this 2017 Gold Buffalo Mint Error coin to your cart today!